Keepsake County is currently in Public Alpha, with one playable demo area, one story level, and one basic tutorial.
Keepsake County is a randomly-generated immersive sim about burglarizing hideous midwestern farmhouses in the middle of nowhere, as fast as you can, and then getting the heck out of dodge.
The catch? You have 4 minutes before the cops arrive to scout and rob a house you've never been inside of before. If you're caught, AI will call the police on you even sooner... or run for their shotguns.
- Every round, the house takes on a new configuration, with a different theme, layout, and loot.
- Residents hear your sprinting, react to TVs being turned on, alarm clocks going off, and stepping on wayward bags of potato chips. Tread carefully!
- A day night cycle and a handy wristwatch help you know how close to morning you are!
- A quirky, cartoon world filled with bizarre characters and props.
- Endless mode, daily challenges, and a short character-driven storymode exploring more of Keepsake County's world.
Leave the guns at home - where you're going, your trustiest tools are your plastic grocery bag, lockpick, wirecutters, and shoelaces.
Cram as much as you can into your bag and load up your car's boot.
Lockpick your choice of entrance - crawl in through the basement window, use ladders to climb up a balcony, fall through an attic or dormer, or just walk in through the garage.
Flip the breaker to distract everyone inside, or cut the power entirely to move in darkness.
Find a pair of shoes and use the laces to catch residents off guard and tie them up so you can pull off your heist undetected!
Don't think the residents are defenseless though - they'll call the police if they catch you. Some will even take the law into their own hands and blow you away on the spot. Cops will arrive quickly - if the burglar alarm doesn't alert them first. Cops will call for backup - so stay frosty and move quickly.
Every house is different. Some are two stories, some have a basement, some have attics, and some have balconies. Adapt your approach by casing the place, or just blindly run in and burlge them blind. Park your car in the best spot and then get the hell outta there before you're caught!
So what's on the horizon? As the game gets more popular, we'll start charging more for access to the game.
- Mac & Linux (eventually, and a release to Steam)
- More characters
- More rooms, floors, and house exterior variations
- New Loot
- New artpass (furniture, textures, etc)
- New Music
- More Animations
- Story Mode
- Bug Fixes (duh)
- Requested features from players (yes, that's what the alpha is also for!)
- And more! That we are strategically waiting to share.
We'll be updating the game every 1-2 weeks with new fixes, features, artpass, and more. The name of this page will change as we progress through changes: Keepsake County Alpha will become Beta, and from there will eventually just become "Keepsake County" upon release. Don't worry about having to buy new versions.
The best way to report bugs and give feedback on the game is through our Discord, at discord.gg/forwardinstinct.